MathsTutor Online Terms and Conditions
By using CGP MathsTutor you agree to be bound by the full Terms and Conditions.
CGP MathsTutor Terms and Conditions — a summary
This MathsTutor product is for your personal use only, for study and revision. It includes a three-year licence for a single user. You must not copy any part of MathsTutor or upload any of it to the internet, VLE or other network. You may print the Practice Exam Questions for your own use but you must not give them to anyone else.
The grade information given in MathsTutor is for guidance only.If you want to read some legal gubbins, here are the full
Terms and Conditions Agreement
This is the Agreement for accessing CGP MathsTutor (“The Product”). This Agreement covers access to CGP MathsTutor regardless of the device or network you access it through. By using the Product you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
By agreeing to the terms of this Agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive licence to access CGP MathsTutor for three years in accordance with clause 2 below.
Permitted Use and Restrictions
- You may access the Product on any computer which is under your control.
- You may use the Product for your own personal use.
- You may not allow anyone else access to the Product by allowing them access to your CGP Account (see clause 4)
- You may make paper copies of the Practice Exam Questions for your personal use only. You may not make or distribute paper or electronic copies of the Practice Exam Questions or others to use or for use in class, in schools or colleges, or with tutees.
- Save for automated electronic back-up processes and Practice Exam Questions (as permitted by clause 2. iv), you may not make copies or partial copies of any part of the Product, Product software code or files in any format, including but not limited to paper copies, and digital or electronic copies.
- You may not make electronic or paper copies of screenshots from the Product.
- You may not transfer any part of the Product or any of the content within the Product on to the internet, an internal website (an intranet), a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), or copy it to any other computer.
Accessing CGP MathsTutor
You may purchase access to CGP MathsTutor directly (“Direct Access”) or by purchasing an Activation Code.
Direct Access is used to provide access to CGP MathsTutor for your own personal use.
Activation Codes are used to transfer access provisions to other users.
Purchasing CGP MathsTutor by Direct Access grants you access to CGP MathsTutor for three years from the date of purchase.
By purchasing and using a Direct Access you are agreeing to the terms in this Agreement.
A Direct Access cannot be transferred to another CGP Account.
An Activation Code (“Code”) must be redeemed before CGP MathsTutor can be accessed.
Accessing CGP MathsTutor using a Code grants you access to the Product for three years from the date you redeem the Code.
You must agree to the terms in this Agreement before you may redeem a Code.
An unredeemed Code may be transferred to another person or organisation who can then redeem it.
Once a Code has been redeemed, it cannot be redeemed again.
- Purchase Methods
Only holders of a CGP Account may use CGP MathsTutor.
You are responsible for keeping Your Account user name and password confidential.
You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your Account.
If you become aware of any unauthorised use of Your Account, you must notify us immediately.
- Account Requirements
If you wish to terminate Your Account contact our customer services on 0800 1712 712.
Termination by CGP Books
The Agreement and the access granted to use the Product automatically terminate if you fail to comply with any part of this Agreement. Termination of the Agreement (howsoever occasioned) shall not affect any accrued rights or liabilities of either party.
We reserve the right to discontinue the Product prior to the expiry date of your access. CGP shall provide a refund for the remaining access period or a physical copy of the Product as a replacement.
- Customer Termination
You own only the right to access the Product for a maximum of three years.
The content and the copyright of the Product and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature are and shall remain the property of CGP or the property of any third parties that may have licensed software or content to CGP.
Please call Customer Services on 0800 1712 712 if you are experiencing difficulties or have any questions.
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer networks run appropriate protection against viruses or other malware. We do not take responsibility for any effects of viruses or malware however introduced to your systems.
You are responsible for ensuring that, prior to the use of the Product by your employees, agents or students, all such parties are notified of and agree to the terms of this Agreement.
We exclude and expressly disclaim all express and implied warranties or conditions not stated in this Agreement (including without limitation, loss of income, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or loss of contracts), so far as such exclusion or disclaimer is permitted under the applicable law. This Agreement does not affect your statutory rights.
- Our liability to you for any losses shall not exceed the amount you originally paid for the Product.
- In no event will we be liable to you for any indirect or consequential damages, or loss of income. In particular, we accept no liability for any programs or data made or stored with the service nor for the costs of recovering or replacing such programs or data. Nothing in this Agreement limits liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees agents or sub-contractors.
The parties do not intend that any provisions of this Agreement shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person not a party to it.
You have read and understand this Agreement and agree that it constitutes the complete and exclusive statement of the Agreement between us with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Law and Disputes
This Agreement and all matters arising from it are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes arising in connection with this Agreement and the place of performance of this Agreement is agreed by you.
Monotype Imaging End-User License Agreement
By accessing CGP MathsTutor, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Product contains font software programs which generate human readable typeface designs (“Font Software”). You may not install or use the Font Software on any device except the ones on which you have installed a properly licensed copy of the Product.
- The Font Software is supplied to you for Internal Use only. “Internal Use”, as used herein means (i) in the course of your customary and ordinary internal business, or (ii) for your personal use.
- You may not convert the Font Software into a different format. You may not alter or modify the Font Software in any manner which results in the Font Software having different or enhanced functionality then when it was delivered to you as part of the Product.
- You may not copy the Font Software provided. You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or take any action which results in or designed to result in gaining access to the source of the Font Software, except as permitted by law and only for the purpose of achieving an interoperable program.
- The Font Software supplied with the Product is proprietary and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark law. All rights not expressly set forth herein are reserved. A breach of this End-User Licence Agreement may subject you to damages and injunctive relief under this Agreement as well as under copyright and trademark law.
- You agree that the Font Software is supplied to you without any warranties, expressed or implied, including without limitation any warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or merchantability. You agree that the Font Software is supplied without any warranty that the Font Software is free of all bugs, errors, and omissions. You agree that in no event will the provider of the Product or its suppliers, including the suppliers of the Font Software, be liable to you or any other party for lost profits, lost data, or any other indirect, incidental or consequential damages, or for any punitive or special damages, even if you notified the provider of the Product and the suppliers of the Font Software of the possibility of such damages.
- This licence shall remain in effect so long as you are in material compliance with all of its terms and conditions. If you breach any of the terms and conditions, this licence is automatically terminated and you are obligated to destroy the original and all copies of the Font Software. In such event, upon the request of the provider of the Product or the suppliers of the Font Software, you shall provide written certification of such destruction.