Everything children need for 11+ success
Our 11 Plus range is completely focused on providing the best possible test preparation, with superb resources for the tests set by CEM, GL and other test providers. You can find out more information about 11+ Test Providers here.
- Resources for GL Assessment and other test providers These books and practice papers cover Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Maths and English. They've been carefully written to prepare children for the 11 Plus tests set by GL Assessment, with plenty of useful advice for tests set by individual schools and other smaller test providers.
Resources for the CEM Tests
The 11 Plus tests set by CEM (Durham University) require different skills from those tested by GL. This range provides tailored preparation for the CEM tests, covering
Verbal Reasoning & Comprehension,
Non-Verbal Reasoning and Maths.
To find out who currently provides the 11+ tests in your area, download our free PDF.
There are four main product types in our 11 Plus range...
- Clear, easy-to-read explanations of every key 11 Plus skill
- Powerful 11+ techniques including time-saving tips and tricks
- Practice questions to test understanding of every topic
- Parents' Guide with detailed advice on preparing effectively for the test
- Benchmark Test to help identify the level your child is working at
- Tailored practice for all ability levels — separate books for ages 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11
- Skills-based practice — questions focused on developing specific techniques
- Assessment tests — mixed questions in the style of the real tests
Detailed answers — full explanations of the reasoning behind every question
Multiple-choice answer sheets for these Practice Books are available to download here.
- Bite-sized practice tests — packed with realistic 11+ questions
- Over 30 tests in each book — that’s more than 5 hours of practice!
- Step-by-step answers included — for quick and easy marking
Fun puzzle pages — perfect for taking a breather between tests
- Four realistic 11+ Practice Test Papers in each pack
- Multiple Choice, Standard Answer and CEM-style formats*
- Detailed answer book — every answer explained in depth
Notes for parents — useful advice for helping your child improve their results
You can also download a free practice test for each subject here.
* What's the difference between Multiple Choice and Standard Answers?
Both of these formats test the same skills, but the way children answer the questions is slightly different.
- In the 'Multiple Choice' test format, children are provided with separate sheets of paper with a list of options for each answer. They usually choose their answers by putting a mark in a box (this makes it easier for the tests to be marked by computer).
- 'Standard Answers' means that children write their answers onto the test paper itself. This may include putting a ring around the correct option, highlighting part of a sentence, or writing down a word or number.
Some of our Practice Test packs are available in both formats, each containing the same questions. For the most realistic practice, it's worth finding out which format is used by the school (or schools) you're applying to.What about Practice Papers for the CEM Tests?
Our CEM-style Practice Papers are written to be as much like the real CEM tests as possible. This means they include a mix of Verbal Reasoning, Comprehension, Non-Verbal Reasoning and Maths questions, with a combination of 'multiple choice' and 'standard answer' styles. Each pack contains two sets of tests — and each set is divided into a Paper 1 and Paper 2.