CGP is the UK’s No.1 Educational Publisher with an annual turnover of over £36m. We started business in 1995 and now employ over 250 people across several sites just south of the Lake District. We’re an independent company and manage the entire editorial process in-house, from design to typesetting, with our books being printed in Newcastle. From the first concept to the final product, our business is almost entirely based in the UK.
We’re completely opposed to Modern Slavery. We bend over backwards to recruit the best people and make the most of their talents. In return, we make sure all our employees are treated fairly and rewarded well.
- CGP’s professional in-house People Team handles all our recruitment campaigns, so we’re involved every step of the way. We rarely use external recruitment companies.
- Our recruitment process is non-discriminatory.
- We thoroughly check that all candidates have the right to work in the UK and there’s no chance of forced or bonded labour.
- We pay all our staff fairly and provide superb benefits.
- We’re proud of our safe, healthy and comfortable working environment — and we’ve set up a Health & Safety Committee and Policy to make sure it stays that way.
- If a member of staff has concerns that we’re not living up to our high standards, we want them to report it.
- Almost all our printing is carried out by our trusted partners Elanders in Newcastle. We’ve been working closely with Elanders for 25 years.
This statement was approved by the CGP Board
30th March 2021