Here are our most Frequently Asked Questions about Online Editions...
Yes! Our Online Editions are compatible with most computers and tablets, so just log on to your CGP account with the device you want to use. Please be aware that you can only view Online Editions one device at a time.
No, sorry! You’ll need to be connected to the internet to read your Online Editions.
I’m getting a message saying my version of Flash is out of date. How do I upgrade it?
You can install the latest version of Adobe Flash — it’s free!
My books won’t open I just get a blank screen when I open one!
Sorry to hear that. Here are a couple of possible solutions to try:
- Turn off Private Browsing mode — if you’re viewing our website in Private browsing mode (also known as Incognito mode, Private window or inPrivate Browsing), our Online Editions won’t work correctly.
- Check your Popup Blocker — sometimes, parts of our Online Editions can be blocked by a popup blocker, so you might need to adjust some settings. This can be a bit technical, but you’ll find more details in your browser’s help menu, or by visiting wikihow.com.
If you’re still having technical problems, just contact us and we’ll see what else we can do to help.
I’ve ordered a book from CGP. Can I start using the Online Edition before the printed book arrives?
Yes! Once you have purchased your book we'll email you with a 7 day temporary activation code so you can get stuck in straight away. You can upgrade this to your full licence once your book arrives with its activation code.
Can I use my code more than once?
No. Each Online Edition code is a licence for one person, so it will expire once you’ve redeemed it.
Can I print my Online Edition?
No. Our Online Editions aren’t printable — but they often come free with a printed book!
I have a different question!
If you haven’t found the answer you’re looking for, we’re always happy to help — you can contact us between the hours of 8:30am and 5:30pm (UK time), Monday to Friday.
To help us investigate as quickly as possible, please provide the following info:
- A brief explanation of the problem
- The device and internet browser you are using (details can be found here: whatsmybrowser.org)
- If there’s an error showing on the screen, a screenshot would be great (but don’t worry if you’re not sure how to do this)
But please don’t include any sensitive details, such as your password, credit card number, shoe size etc.