Job Description — Business Development Manager
CGP is the UK’s No. 1 Educational Publisher. We’ve doubled our sales since 2013 and we’re growing further still. So, how come we’re bucking the industry trend? We put it down to exceptional people, outstanding products and a unique publishing model. If you’re smart, enthusiastic and great to work with, we really should be talking...
We’re looking for a bright, organised and commercially astute professional to join our team. This is a full time role, reporting to the Head of Commercial. To be considered, you should have at least 5 years’ experience in a commercial role where you have made a significant impact. Whilst a sound track record in marketing would be beneficial, if you have the drive, people skills and commercial nous to make things happen, this role may be for you.
- Ownership, management and delivery of key projects (e.g. PR, e-marketing, direct mail)
- Develop project proposals, including budgets and forecasts for approval
- Produce detailed project plans and monitor progress meticulously
- Work successfully with colleagues internally, and potentially externally, to deliver projects on time, on budget and to a high CGP standard
- Communicate effectively to senior management on project progress
- Seek opportunities for improvement within the business and suggest new Sales and Marketing projects
- Respond to the changing needs and requirements of the business
- Drive your own progression, development and career path in CGP
Skills and Attributes
- Natural commercial acumen and inquisitiveness
- Results driven
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Solid understanding of the impact of priorities on the business
- Clear ability to work independently and proactively
- A people-influencer, not just a people manager
- Collaborative, positive approach to work
- Excellent customer-facing and internal written / verbal communication skills
- Impeccable organisational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent academic background: able to quickly assimilate and evaluate information
More information on how to apply can be found here.