Job Description — Head of Commercial Analysis
CGP is the UK’s No. 1 Educational Publisher. We’ve doubled our sales since 2013 and we’re growing further still. So, how come we’re bucking the industry trend? We put it down to exceptional people, outstanding products and informed decisions based on excellent analysis. If you’re smart, enthusiastic and great to work with, we’d love to meet you.
We’re looking for a bright, organised and commercially astute professional to join our team. This is a full time role, reporting to the Head of Commercial. To be considered, you should have at least 5 years’ experience in a commercial role where you have made a significant impact using your analytical skills. Ideally we’d like a qualified accountant but if you have significant commercial finance experience, together with the drive, people skills and commitment to make things happen, this role may be for you.
- Own and manage data improvement and analysis within the business
- Manage the Commercial Analysis team to provide first class analysis and insight to the business
- Take responsibility for business data including driving improvements in data processes to maximise sales
- Interpret complex or imperfect commercial data and communicate results to colleagues
- Own the sales forecasting process, ensuring that the forecast is agreed, communicated & delivered on time
- Deliver quality reports to highlight commercial performance issues, competitor activity and opportunities for growth
- Work with colleagues across the business to deliver priority commercial projects
- Drive your own progression, development and career path in CGP
Skills and Attributes
- Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
- People management experience
- Commercially minded with experience to demonstrate this. Able to see the big picture and ask the “what if” questions
- Highly numerate and analytical (a good degree and excellent Excel skills are essential)
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Confident decision maker – able to identify, prioritise and lead projects and make things happen
- Natural commercial acumen and inquisitiveness
- Impeccable organisational skills, including attention to detail and project management skills
- Confident liaising with senior personnel across the business
More information on how to apply can be found here.