Job Description — Learning and Development Manager
CGP has experienced phenomenal growth in recent years, not just in terms of revenue, but people too! In order to sustain this success, we need to continue to recruit, retain and develop talented people.
The Right Person
We’re looking for a Learning and Development Manager to join our team. This is a broad role with a focus on staff development but you’ll also be expected take on other projects, in line with the needs of the business. These will include recruitment campaigns, appraisals and advice for managers. You should therefore be flexible, enthusiastic and happy to turn your hand to most HR tasks. A strategic thinker, you’ll be organised, credible and proactive, with superb interpersonal skills.
- Design, deliver and evaluate staff development
- Manage recruitment campaigns as required
- Support managers with appraisals, feedback and reviews
- Advise and coach managers regarding best practice, policy and people management
- Track training needs / activity
- Work with the Head of HR to build an excellent staff development function
- Run HR projects (e.g. staff survey, organisational change, training), delivering the agreed outputs on time
To succeed in this role you’ll need:
- A solid background in designing and delivering engaging staff development activities
- A track record of managing recruitment campaigns and designing assessment days
- A good degree from a good university
- Intellectual rigour and analytical skills
- An ability to manage projects efficiently, keeping relevant people informed of your progress
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Sound prioritisation and time management skills
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Unquestionable honesty, integrity, tact and diplomacy
- A desire to get things done - rolling your sleeves up and getting involved with priorities as they arise
More information on how to apply can be found here.