Job Description — Marketing Designer & Copywriter
CGP sales are growing rapidly, thanks in part to the meticulously planned and executed marketing campaigns from our Sales & Marketing Department. As well as email marketing, social media, exhibitions and catalogues, we use direct marketing to reach many of our customers, sending out 400,000 mailshots each year. Produced by our in-house Marketing Production Team, these materials are carefully designed to deliver effective marketing messages whilst maintaining our unique brand identity.
We’re also launching a brand new responsive ecommerce website which will be managed day-to-day within Marketing Production using a Content Management System (CMS) and will be an essential tool for CGP to achieve our ambitious sales growth targets.
Reporting to the Marketing Production Team Manager, this new role will be pivotal in helping us complete all our planned marketing campaigns and ultimately drive our future success.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside commercial market owners to deliver print and digital marketing campaigns
- Liaise with our warehouse despatch team, publishing department and external printers/suppliers to make sure components for direct mailshot campaigns arrive in plenty of time to be packed and despatched on time
- Obtain feedback and brand sign-off for the materials that you produce
- Manage and prioritise your own workflow to deliver multiple projects across a variety of media to tight and changeable deadlines
- Assist our web specialists in the routine management of CGP’s new ecommerce website
- Use your skills and expertise to help other areas of the business, fitting these projects in alongside your existing commitments
Specific skills, experience and personal attributes
You’ll be degree educated and already have some work experience. Both internal and external candidates will develop and learn on the job, but you will need to prove that you are:
- A flexible, ambitious self-starter, passionate and keen to develop with the role
- A quick learner with a flair for design
- Organised – able to plan and manage your own projects
- Meticulous when it comes to detail – able to do hundreds of individual tasks accurately
- Great at getting on with people at all levels and across departments
- Good with the written word
- Receptive to feedback
Other desirable skills (or enthusiasm to learn):
- Ability to use InDesign and Photoshop for graphic creation and layout
- Experience of email marketing or website management (Mailchimp/Kentico/other CMS)
More information on how to apply can be found here.