Job Description — Product Developer
In this role, you’ll develop products to help grow sales. This might be by filling a gap in our existing range, introducing new (or improving existing) products in a current market, or finding a new market that we’ve still to exploit.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager and working closely with other Product Developers, you’ll:
- Research and understand your target market and the needs of customers
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of CGP products and competing products
- Analyse data to explore market behaviour and identify gaps that we can fill profitably
- Research and propose costed product ideas
- Work with Editing, Digital & Design and Sales & Marketing teams to ensure that approved ideas are turned into superb products
To succeed in this role it’s important that you understand and can champion what makes CGP products so popular. In other words, you’ll need to understand the CGP brand.
You’ll be a graduate who already has some post degree work experience (but not necessarily in the publishing industry or in education). To be considered, you’ll also need to be:
- Highly numerate and commercially aware – able to evaluate options quickly by simplifying or estimating key figures
- Confident interrogating complex datasets to uncover trends (great Excel skills are a must)
- Creative and full of ideas
- Open-minded, curious and keen to learn
- Independent, with the confidence to pursue your own ideas
- A great communicator – able to articulate your ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- An excellent listener – able to take on feedback from e.g. teachers and pupils, and ask the right questions
- Flexible – whatever your background, you’ll be comfortable working across all subject areas and age groups within the education system
Ideally you’ll also have a full driving licence as the role will require travel to local schools.
More information on how to apply can be found here.