Job Description — Product Developer
Your job will be to develop products to help grow sales. This might be by filling a gap in our existing range, introducing new (or improving existing) products in a current market, or finding a new market that we’ve not yet exploited.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager and working closely with other Product Developers, you will:
- Research and understand your target market and the needs of customers
- Analyse the strengths and weaknesses of CGP products and competing products
- Assess whether there are gaps in the market that we can fill profitably
- Research and propose costed product ideas
- Work with editors, digital specialists, the design team and the sales & marketing team to help ensure that approved ideas are turned into superb products
Personal Qualities / Attributes
It’s important that you understand and can champion what makes CGP products so popular.
You’ll need to be:
- Highly intelligent – degree educated
- Open-minded, curious and keen to learn
- Flexible – whatever your background, you’ll be comfortable working across all subject areas and age groups within the education system
- Independent, with the confidence to pursue your own ideas
- Highly numerate, and confident in analysing datasets
- Creative and full of ideas
- A great communicator – able to articulate your ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- An excellent listener – able to take on feedback from e.g. teachers and pupils, and ask the right questions
- IT literate
Ideally you’ll also have a full driving licence as the role will require travel to local schools.
More information on how to apply can be found here.