Job Description — Marketing Executive
As the UK’s No 1 educational publisher selling over 10 million books and digital products each year, CGP is known for its quality products and high standards. Our product range exceeds 1,000 titles and we have many more exciting plans in the pipeline. We’re seeking a bright, organised and commercially astute Sales & Marketing professional to join our Team.
Ownerships and Responsibilities
As a Marketing Executive you’ll:
- Manage your own product launches: including product naming / branding, pricing, campaign plans and sales forecasts
- Devise campaign activities to grow sales of our existing product ranges
- Work with in-house design teams to plan and create exceptional content — print, web and email
- Take responsibility for specific targeted sales growth projects
- Organise and run exhibitions / attend education shows
For the right person, there will be the opportunity, in time, to own and take responsibility for a full sales channel or key account.
Personal Qualities / Attributes
A graduate with a degree from a top university and ideally at least two years’ relevant experience (ideally in a marketing or business development role).
To succeed, you must be flexible and positive. A confident communicator who enjoys working with people at all levels, you’ll also be:
- Naturally commercial — with prior evidence of success
- Driven — motivated and excited by sales growth
- Numerate — able to identify opportunities
- Creative with a critical eye to know what looks good
- Slightly obsessive about getting things right (numbers and words)
- Highly organised, with the ability to juggle several projects at once
- A self-starter who’s able to take the initiative and solve problems independently
- Self-aware — happy to listen to other people’s views and take feedback positively
More information on how to apply can be found here.