Job Description — Senior Property and Project Managers
We’re looking for talented senior people to take full accountability for a portfolio of properties within the Lake District. These properties will be a combination of residential and company sites, the maintenance and improvement of which are central to our business and personal values.
Whilst a sound track record of Property or Project Management is required, we’re far more interested in your personal qualities than your list of technical or project management qualifications. The right candidate will care deeply about their work and have a genuine understanding of what it means to take full accountability and ownership. You’ll be clear about the standards you expect. You’ll also feel at ease leading by example, and challenging and inspiring others to meet your high standards.
An exceptionally high level of customer service is required, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. An ability to own a variety of projects is paramount to this role, ensuring that all jobs are controlled, prioritised, planned and completed. You’ll make sure systems are in place to track each project so that you can be sure you deliver on every promise.
You will have an eye for fine detail and care deeply about getting things right. An interest in buildings and infrastructure is a must but the role relies just as much on personality, energy, care, trust and collaboration.
It is crucial that you’re adaptable, flexible and willing to do whatever is needed on a day to day basis to serve, maintain and improve our sites, be that from a planning and project perspective or a ‘hands on’ one! This represents a superb opportunity to develop a career and make a real impact in a successful, growing company.
Reporting to the Interim Head of Estates, Managing Director or Chairman (depending on seniority), you will:
- Own and be accountable for maintaining and improving a dedicated portfolio of properties
- Produce robust and realistic property improvement plans
- Be a visible and credible presence on our sites
- Lead projects, insisting on high standards from others
- Lead, challenge and develop diverse project teams
- Solve operational and strategic issues, focussing on solutions, not problems
- Arrange work to be carried out by contractors and employees in accordance with other competing priorities
- Be accountable for the management of contractors and employees on site
- Make sure all relevant colleagues feel informed and up to date
Skills & Experience
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience at a senior level
- A keen interest in estates and property matters
- Proven track record of providing strategic direction and making a real impact on a business
You will need to:
- Be accountable for projects agreed with the Managing Director, Interim Head of Estates and Chairman
- Have an outstanding grasp of project management
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Be comfortable and credible influencing at senior and board level
- Be obsessed with completion and communication
- Understand that customer service is paramount to this role
- Be hands on — willing to get stuck in and thrive on variety of work
- Show excellent communication skills
- Seek input from others when required
- Understand consequences of proposed work
- Be forward thinking and plan ahead
- Know your limitations and when to ask for input
- Not be disheartened if plans change or are altered
- Be honest and share when things don’t go to plan — but have a good idea of what to do instead!
- Challenge processes and people so we can all improve
- Have the drive and energy to make things happen
- Be prepared to challenge work if it’s not up to standard
- Be a thinker who understands and supports our business priorities and approach
- Be self-aware and open-minded, seeking feedback and acting on it positively
- Be a team player and willing to do whatever needs to be done!
More information on how to apply can be found here.