Job Description – C# Developer
Objective of the Role
To develop, document, test and maintain CGP’s in-house software systems.
The Right Person
You’ll be part of the IT Development Team but work closely with all areas of the business, so the ability to understand then explain complex issues to audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge is very important. You will be a self-starter with the following key attributes:
- Bright and logically minded with good A-Levels and ideally a degree. Equivalent industry experience may be considered
- A good team player
- Able to manage your own time and balance workload effectively
- Self-aware with a desire to learn more and keep improving what you do
Reporting to the IT Development Technical Lead, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing quality code that meets the specific requirements of the business
- Breaking requirements down into stories / tasks
- Documenting, testing and supporting your code
- Presenting solutions / ideas to your peers
- Ensuring effective use of our source control system
- Contributing to, and learning from, the collective knowledge of the team
Technical Skills / Experience
You’ll need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- A good understanding of the principles of OOP and computing fundamentals
- 2 or more years’ professional experience using C# and .NET framework preferably in an AGILE environment
- A firm grasp of relational database concepts
- A working knowledge of Delphi (although this is not essential)
A driving licence is also essential for this position.
Information on how to apply can be found here.