Assistant Editor — External Writing Team
As well as employing our own in-house team of editors — around 70 talented writers — we also work with teachers who are familiar with the current syllabus and grading requirements. They can help us make better products, often proofreading our finished work before we publish. The External Writing team is the important link between these freelance authors and CGP’s own Editing department.
As Assistant Editor you’ll:
- Carry out project admin on a daily basis
- Support the EWT Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Assess and test new external authors and proof-readers
- Commission work and organise proofing on behalf of the editing team
- Obtain permission to use copyright images and text in our products (at the best possible price for CGP!)
- Prepare and issue agreements and contracts with 3rd parties
There’s no need for any prior publishing experience, as we’ll provide you with all the training you need on the job. To succeed in this role you’ll be:
- Bright — qualified to at least A-Level standard
- Highly organised — happy working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Flexible and open-minded — quick to adapt to suit changing Editing needs
- A great communicator (both spoken and in writing)
- Methodical with great attention to detail
- Computer literate — including Excel
For more information call us on 01229 715709.
To apply, email us your CV, together with a covering letter telling us why you’re the right person for the role.
More information on the role can be found here.
Closing Date: Thursday 8th June 2017