Grounds Manager — Lake District Private Estate
(Salary £30k+ and great benefits)
CGP is the No.1 educational publisher in the UK and we also have a passion for property and grounds. We’re looking for a talented and senior person to take full accountability for the grounds management at one of our beautiful Lake District estates.
Used as a private residence, the estate looks out over the southern fells and comprises fields, woodlands, ponds and gardens. This is a high profile role and the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day-to-day running, development and improvement of the estate grounds (excluding private gardens).
As Grounds Manager you will be experienced in estate or countryside management. You’ll thrive on taking ownership and work collaboratively with the property owner. A keen eye for detail is essential as is an engaging and down-to-earth manner with a sense of calm. With a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service, you’ll ease the burden on those around you.
You’ll have energy and drive, and will make a real impact by:
- Producing robust work programmes and tracking systems for all grounds projects and tasks
- Managing workflow of employees and contractors, rolling your sleeves up where necessary
- Dealing with operational issues, with a focus on solutions, not problems
- Challenging people to meet your high standards, and monitoring quality of work
- Enthusing others with your positive attitude and superb interpersonal skills
Applicants must be flexible, trustworthy, proactive and organised with excellent communication skills. A full driving licence is essential.
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV and a full covering letter explaining why you’re right for this role. Remember to include your current salary and benefits.
More information on this role can be found here.
Closing Date: Monday 26th March 2018