Terms & Conditions
You've probably noticed that we're not fans of big words and complicated stuff. So when some people in suits told us we needed a page of Terms and Conditions we came out in a bit of a rash. We've tried to explain things nice and simply, but if you have a burning desire to read some feature‑length legal gubbins, just click ' In other words… ' and be our guest.
Terms & Conditions for using www.cgpbooks.co.uk
By accessing our website, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. If you're bad and breach this agreement, CGP is allowed to take legal action against you.
Your CGP account is precious. It's your job to look after it and keep it safe so that nobody can use it without your permission.In other words…
You are responsible for all activities that occur using your CGP account or password. You should keep these details confidential to prevent unauthorised access to your account and let us know if you think your password or account is no longer secure. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all personal and order details you provide are correct and to inform us of any changes to these details.
Please play nicely when using our site — no kicking, biting, abuse, fraud or indecency. If you're naughty, we might not let you use our site again and we wouldn't want that to happen.In other words…
You agree not to use our website in any way that could cause it to be damaged or access to it to be interrupted. You agree to use the site only for lawful purposes and not to use any material that:
- is illegal, defamatory or obscene
- is in breach of copyright, trademark, privacy or any other rights
- could be injurious to third parties
- contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, or spam.
We reserve the right to refuse access to our website, close accounts, cancel orders (without charge) and remove or edit content on our website. Such action is at the sole discretion of CGP.
We love receiving your comments, but please don't use naughty words or be mean about anyone (except us). Sometimes we might tidy up what you've written and make sure it's okay to publish — by leaving us a comment, you're saying this is fine with you.In other words…
The content of comments submitted to our site must observe the terms of acceptable conduct referred to in Section 2 — Your conduct. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of your comments to make sure they are not in breach of any of CGP's policies. You agree to indemnify CGP and its affiliates for all claims brought against them in connection with a breach of any of these conditions.
By posting content on our site, you also provide permission to CGP to reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, or display it throughout the world in any media. This permission is non‑exclusive, royalty‑free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub‑licensable.
If you email us, it means you won't mind if we email you back (strange… but true!). We won't send you any other emails unless you say you want them and we'll never bombard you with useless twaddle.In other words…
By visiting our website or sending us emails, you are consenting to receiving electronic communications from us. This may be by email or by notices posted on our website. In accordance with UK and European direct marketing regulations, we will never send you e‑marketing communications without your consent. You also accept that any agreements, notices, disclosures or other communications which we send you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications must be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Copyright and database rights
Everything on our website is ours — so you're not allowed to pinch it or we might tell the men in suits.In other words…
All content on this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, video, digital downloads, data compilations and software) is the property of CGP Ltd and is protected by UK and international copyright and database rights laws. It may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, or otherwise used for any commercial purpose without the written consent of CGP Ltd.
Access to www.cgpbooks.co.uk
We try our best to make sure our website is always available, but the Internet can sometimes be a bit unpredictable. From time to time we might also need to give the site a little break for some techno‑TLC, but we'll be as quick as we possibly can.In other words…
We work hard to make sure that access to our website is not interrupted and that all transmissions are error-free. Due to the nature of the Internet this cannot be guaranteed. We may also suspend or restrict access to the website to allow for repairs, maintenance or the addition of new features and services. We will limit the frequency and duration of any suspensions or restrictions as far as we can and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Alteration of service or amendments to the conditions
Sometimes we might need to change these rules. If we do, we'll publish some new ones and then you'll need to play by those instead.In other words…
We may make changes to our website policies and terms & conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and terms & conditions that are in force at the time that you use our website or when you order from us. We would advise you to check this page from time to time to see if there have been any changes. If any change to these policies or conditions is required by law, such changes will also apply to any orders you have previously placed. If any condition is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will no longer apply. This will not affect the validity and enforceability of all other conditions.
Liability and losses
We'll do our very best to keep our promises, but if something happens that we can't help (like a herd of cows getting into our warehouse and eating all our books) please don't shout at us. And don't worry… you'll still have those statutory rights thingies.In other words…
We will not be held responsible if we cannot comply with our obligations under these conditions due to an event that is beyond our reasonable control ('force majeure' etc). Nor will CGP be held responsible for any business loss (loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or other indirect or consequential loss that was not reasonably foreseeable when use of this site commenced or when a contract for the sale of goods was formed. This condition does not affect your statutory rights
Privacy, security and data protection
We keep hold of your personal details to make it easy to use our site and to order from us. We guard them as if they were our own children and would never flog them to anyone else. What's more, we don't retain any card or bank account details — so you can flex your plastic with complete peace of mind.In other words…
By visiting our website you accept the practices outlined in our Security & Privacy Statement and Personal Data Statement:
Security & Privacy Statement
- To order our products online, you will need to register with us and log in to your account. This provides security for your personal data and credit card processing. All data you provide is transmitted and stored securely via our SSL server. (Please see our Personal Data Statement below for a full explanation.)
- We will not be held responsible for any misuse of your account due to people using your personal log in details. We take precautions to ensure this doesn't happen and recommend that, if you are using a shared computer, you flush the internet cache after completing any transactions on our website.
- All credit and debit card details provided to us online are processed via the secure Sage Pay site. This site does not retain your card details and they cannot be accessed through our site as they are never input or stored on it.
- CGP makes every effort to comply with current legislation including the Data Protection Act (1998) and the 2000 addendum.
Personal Data Statement
- All personal data collected on our site is used only to create and maintain accounts, handle orders, deliver products, process secure payments and update our records. We also receive and store some automatic information whenever you visit our website.
- To log in to our site you must input your password and email address. Please keep these details confidential as CGP cannot accept responsibility for anyone accessing your account via a public computer.
- Personal data specifically refers to your name, contact details, delivery details, and any school or business details. It also refers to your order history which is retained for reference.
- Your personal data is processed via a secure server to our orders database. This database retains your details to speed up the processing of any orders that you place.
- You can choose not to provide certain information, but this may prevent you from using all the features on our website.
- CGP account registration is confirmed by email and you can also request password confirmation by email. When you register or log in to our site, you'll be asked to provide your email address. By providing this, you are consenting to us contacting you by email to confirm the registration of your account, to remind you of your password and to confirm order, account or delivery details.
- We reserve the right to release account and other data for any legal reasons; or to enforce our terms & conditions; or to protect the rights, property and security of www.cgpbooks.co.uk and its users. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not use or share your data for any other purpose than those outlined above except with your express consent. Any change to this policy will be communicated to all our customers.
- You can view your data online (as required by the Data Protection Act, 1998) by logging in and viewing your My Details page. You can also amend this data online whenever you want.
iPad®, iPod® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android® and Google Play® are trademarks of Google Inc. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
If you'd like any help with our Terms and Conditions, please feel free to get in touch.