£10.50 per hour, plus generous benefits
40+ hours per week (including weekends)
At CGP we obsess about delivering a high-class service to all our customers, be that in our extremely successful publishing business or as part of our high street retail offering (Butchers, Grocers, Bakery and Filling Station)! In this key role at Broughton Village Bakery you will take the lead in creating our freshly baked goods. You’ll often be lone working at the beginning of the day, but you’ll still play a vital part in our wider retail team as the shops open for business.
The ideal candidate will be…
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Really flexible
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Experienced and passionate
And you’ll also not be afraid of early mornings — the standard start time for the morning shift is 4am.
You will be responsible for the baking of our selection of fresh loaves of bread, pastries and cakes, to our exceptionally high standards.
As our Baker, you’ll:
- Be responsible for opening up the bakery each morning
- Produce bread and other baked goods using manual and/or industrial processes
- Be confident using commercial dough mixers and hand forming loaves to the desired shape
- Monitor oven temperatures, humidity and baking times
- Craft and create new and exciting baked goods for our bakery offering
- Work with pace to agreed timelines – working cleanly and efficiently to maintain high standards, ensuring all baked goods are completed on time for opening
- Keep work areas clean and tidy and comply with food hygiene and safety requirements
- Monitor stock and order in new supplies based on production requirements
You’ll be a calm, reliable, highly self-motivated individual with the ability to ensure your work is done in a timely manner and to a consistently high standard. Often working alone, you’ll be a self-starter but also happy to contribute to the wider team.
Specifically, you’ll need to have:
- An understanding of recipes and production techniques for bread and baked goods
- Knowledge of raw materials for dough, dough preparation times, procedures and various baking techniques
- The ability to operate electric bread ovens
- A passion for delivering great customer service
- Physical strength and stamina
- Superb organisational and planning skills and the ability to multi task
- Knowledge of health, safety and hygiene regulations for food preparation
- A willingness to wake up early! The standard start time for the morning shift is 4am
- Initiative and an exceptional eye for detail.
To apply, email us your CV and a covering letter telling us all about you and your bakery experience.
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021