Generous salary & benefits
Are you a problem solver, a data guru and a lover of the ‘what if’ question?
Did you know, there are 23,000 primary schools in the UK, every year 90,000 students sit Mathematics A-Level and 90% of schools buy books from CGP? If these fun facts leave you desperate to know more (and you have some experience working with data already), then our Commercial Analyst role could be your perfect next move.
Our analysts provide all the commercial data needed to make sound business decisions — that’s what makes us successful. Working closely with Sales & Marketing, you’ll analyse the success of our promotional campaigns to schools and retailers, monitor competitor performance and make suggestions to help drive future CGP growth.
You’ll have a positive can-do attitude, a love of data and a keen eye for detail. You’ll also be:
- Highly numerate and skilled in Excel
- Eager to learn SQL and the amazing things it can do (maybe you know it already?)
- Happy working with imperfect data
- Able to juggle lots of things at once
- A strong communicator, open-minded and curious
The Commercial Analysis Team supports the business by adding intelligence (new information, quality reporting, better analysis tools) to improve our decisions and help drive our future growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Retail support (including Amazon, WHSmith and Waterstones) — range & merchandising reviews, improving the quality of data, supporting contract negotiations, managing levels of stock held by retailers
- School support — maintaining the quality of schools’ data, account selection for direct marketing, analysing the success of mailshots, maintaining exam sittings data to support the Product Development team
- Creating and communicating regular sales reports/adhoc reports to key decision makers
- Improving our processes so that we work more efficiently
- Monitoring the Commercial Analysis Helpdesk and competitors’ performance
- Acting as cover for our Data Control Analyst
Personal Attributes / Skills
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who loves analysing qualitative and quantitative data — someone who has a real interest in how we can use data to gain commercial advantage. Ideally, you’ll have some prior experience with data — and you’ll certainly have a positive “can do” attitude and a logical approach to problem solving. You’ll be:
- Highly numerate and intelligent (with a good degree)
- Commercially and analytically minded
- Skilled in Excel
- Keen to learn Microsoft SQL (e.g. for sales analysis)
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities and tasks
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and analyse “imperfect” data from both internal and external systems
- A strong communicator who’s able to explain detailed information in simple terms
- Confident enough to challenge — asking the “what if?” questions up front
- Open-minded, curious and eager to learn
To apply, email us your CV and a cracking letter telling us why data and analysis really float your boat, or, for more information, give us a call.
Closing Date: Monday 31st May 2021