Salary c. £20k plus generous benefits
At CGP customers are our priority. Our Customer Services team in Millom use their incredible knowledge of our 1,400+ products to make sure all customers (schools, students or retailers like Amazon) have confidence and faith in the 13 million books they buy from us each year.
Our contact centre handles over 4,000 orders, 1,200 calls, 800 customer emails and 650 live chats every week. We now need to recruit into the team to ensure we always provide the exceptional service our customers expect from the trusted CGP brand — next day delivery, no quibble returns and an enquiry response within 4 hours. And definitely no cold calling or hard-sell!
As one of our highly trained Customer Services Advisers, you’ll work Monday to Friday (9.00am to 5.30pm):
- Responding to customers’ live chat enquiries
- Answering customer calls
- Processing orders
- Resolving customer account queries
If you’re flexible and positive, a great communicator (on the phone and in writing) and believe you could champion CGP’s excellent customer service and high standards, this could be the role for you.
Based within our busy Contact Centre at Millom, you’ll report directly to the Customer Services Manager. To succeed in this role you’ll need to be enthusiastic, motivated and enjoy working in a strongly customer-focused environment, striving to achieve brilliant customer service at all times.
What’s more, you should be great at getting your point across (in conversation and writing) and be determined to get every little detail perfect. As an educational publisher it’ll be no surprise to you that we expect high standards when it comes to spelling and grammar!
As a Customer Services Adviser you’ll receive lots of in-house training to understand CGP’s customer service style. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of our products and processes so that you’re able to:
- Work as part of the team answering customer calls
- Respond in writing to customer emails / live chat enquiries
- Carry out data entry for orders and customer payments
- Handle and resolve customer account queries and credit control issues
Relaxed and friendly in your approach, you’ll be highly self-motivated with the ability and drive to ensure your work is completed to very high standards and with great efficiency.
You’ll need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Spotless grammar and lots of flair with language
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good keyboard and numerical skills
- Flexibility to cover a wide range of tasks
- …and be a good team player!
Email us your CV and a cracking covering letter telling us what excites you about being part of the CGP Customer Services team in Millom. Remember to include current salary and benefits with your application.