£21–25k, plus generous benefits
CGP’s the UK’s No.1 educational publisher and after a few years of rapid growth has more than 250 employees and over 1,400 educational titles. As our product range continues to expand, so too does the amount of information we hold about our products, our customers, our own sales and the sales of other publishers.
We’re looking for an organised and enthusiastic new team member to join the Commercial Analysis Team and take responsibility for maintaining and improving this vital data. As a Data Control Analyst you’ll take ownership of all CGP product data and manage sales data from major book retailers. You’ll ensure our customer information is up-to-date and accurate, as well as developing the way we use our data to provide better decision-making information to colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be someone who really enjoys working with large amount of data. You’ll have a meticulous eye for detail, be keen to understand how things work and be happy to work at improving processes. You’ll also need to be computer literate — and especially great with Excel.
As a Data Control Analyst, you’ll work in the Commercial Analysis Team who carefully manage all the data that CGP holds. The team plays a major part in growing our business by providing a vital link, both internally between departments (e.g. Sales & Marketing and Production), and also externally with retailers (especially Amazon).
Data is very important to the commercial decisions we make at CGP. As a Data Control Analyst, you’ll ensure that the data we use is accurate and up to date. You’ll also look for ways to improve our data and the way we use it. Reporting to the Commercial Analysis Manager, you’ll:
- Take ownership of our product data ensuring it’s always up to date. You’ll:
- Manage our in-house product data systems
- Send and monitor external data – with Amazon and Nielsen
- Work with colleagues and external contacts to resolve data issues
- Track change requests to ensure nothing’s missed – e.g. price & title updates
- Maintain our retail sales data from Amazon and other organisations
- Keep customer data up to date
- Improve our processes to help grow sales. You’ll:
- Develop ways to make our processes more accurate and efficient
- Look out for ways to grow sales by improving our data
- Work with colleagues and retailers to put these improvements into practice
Personal Qualities / Attributes
Comfortable working independently and as part of a busy team, you’ll be:
- Excited by working with large amounts of data (inputting, checking and updating)
- Organised and methodical, with an eye for detail
- Keen to understand how things work and improve processes
- Able to prioritise your own tasks
- Great at (and enjoy) working with people at all levels and across departments
- Good with Excel and be curious about data
To apply, email us your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great Data Control Analyst, together with details of your current salary.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th May 2021