Most people know us for our books. Fewer people realise that CGP also runs a village filling station, butcher’s, grocer’s and bakery, and manages large areas of park and woodland for the benefit of local residents and visitors to the area.
CGP’s owner is committed to enhancing the local environment and supporting the community, so there are always projects on the go and plenty of things to do: whether it’s researching information, liaising with consultants and advisors, arranging meetings or documenting file notes.
We’re looking for a bright, organised and professional individual to support CGP’s Board. This could be a full or part-time position. To be considered, you should have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a commercial business, where you’ve made a significant impact. Ideally, you’ll have some legal experience or have an interest in legal affairs (but this is not essential).
Your primary aim is the management of key projects, keeping them moving in an efficient and professional manner. You’ll roll up your sleeves and make things happen — you won’t have a team to delegate to! You’ll:
- Ensure projects are kept on track — arranging meetings, researching information, organising documentation
- Work successfully with colleagues internally and externally to deliver projects on time and to CGP’s high standards
- Communicate effectively with senior managers and external contacts
It’s crucial you recognise and respond to changing needs and requirements, as priorities shift for our busy business owner. And like anyone at CGP, you’ll drive your own progression, development and career path along the way.
Skills and Attributes
To succeed in this role, you’ll have experience operating at a senior level in an organisation and be flexible and positive at all times. You’ll also need to be:
- Discreet and comfortable dealing with confidential matters
- Extremely organised
- An excellent communicator (both written and oral communications)
- A driving force in seeing projects through to completion with positive results
- Able to deal confidently with senior personnel both within and outside the business, building good rapport and representing CGP
- Able to assimilate and evaluate information quickly, and act on your findings
- Excellent at making informed judgements
- Comfortable working independently with minimal management