£40-50k, generous benefits (Lake District)
Sunflower growing competition, lockdown logistics, 50 metre waterslide, desk-moves for 100 staff, space-hopper races, company presentations, bring-your-dog-to-work days... Just some of the things the CGP Head Office Team gets up to. This is an unusual job in an unusual company. Are you up for it?
You’ll be totally obsessed with customer service and high standards, so you’ll be on top of all the tiny details that create a superb working environment for 270 employees. Sloppy just won’t be in your vocabulary.
Not only will you lead our reception and maintenance teams, you’ll also bring oodles of energy and personality to the role. You may already be a manager in hospitality, retail, the arts or event management — but whatever your background, you’ll need to be lively, up for a laugh and great with people.
As the Head Office Manager for the UK’s No.1 educational publisher, you’ll take responsibility for the smooth daily running of our Head Office in Broughton-in-Furness. However… we’re no ordinary educational publisher! With support from your team, you’ll also be accountable for our on-site front of house and maintenance teams. Whilst you’ll act primarily in a management capacity, you won’t be afraid to roll your sleeves up to make sure standards are always high.
As Head Office Manager, you’ll:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient daily running of the operations at our head office, with direct management responsibility for a number of staff
- Develop a culture of truly outstanding customer service and communication
- Be accountable for our maintenance and front of house teams
- Develop and maintain 5* service, functional and aesthetic standards across our sites
- Work collaboratively with our Estates Team to ensure nothing is missed
- Schedule daily work for your teams and ensure daily checks are completed and reported on
- Create a positive, vibrant atmosphere throughout the office, encouraging your team to do the same
- Drive improvement projects across your teams
High standards and excellent customer service will govern everything you do. Confident, positive and fun in your approach (even slightly quirky), you’ll have an exceptional eye for detail and really care about the small stuff.
You’ll also need to be:
- A great team player who’s highly self-motivated to get the job done
- An excellent communicator, able to converse with senior staff and develop trust
- Used to challenging your team and having tricky conversations if things aren’t right
- Diligent in ensuring agreed daily and weekly tasks are completed on time
- A ‘yes’ person who’s not afraid to muck in with anything
- Proactive with improvements and finds the time to do them
- Able to work under pressure and juggle a number of tasks simultaneously
- Not afraid to work extra hours or roll your sleeves up to get the job done
40 hours — Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
If corporate life is getting you down, why not do something about it? Just email us your CV and a cracking covering letter. If you prove yourself, there are endless opportunities to grow (not just sunflowers)!
Closing Date: Monday 14th June 2021