Generous salary & benefits
CGP is the UK’s No. 1 Educational Publisher. It’s our exceptional people who make us successful, and that’s why we’re obsessed about finding, challenging and rewarding talented people. We have an extremely positive culture at CGP and we’d like to recruit another like-minded HR Manager to ensure we keep pace with our growing business.
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional who’s a great all-rounder — someone who works to high standards and who’s ready to make a real difference to the team. Whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be hands on, supremely organised and will thrive on juggling priorities.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you’ll:
- Provide HR advice to managers and staff
- Deliver specific HR projects, working with colleagues across the business
- Be a source of expertise on pay and benefits with a good understanding of payroll systems
- Work with our Recruitment Team to attract new talent to CGP
- Enjoy creating and implementing new processes
You’ll need to be flexible, bright, enthusiastic and great to work with. Ideally you’ll be MCIPD qualified — but we’re much more interested in your HR skills and personality than your certificates!
- Be accountable for payroll, benefits and all associated contracts and systems
- Introduce and improve processes and policies
- Own and deliver recruitment campaigns
- Identify and lead HR projects to improve business performance
- Support the Head of HR to improve the HR team’s efficiency
- Support managers with appraisals, feedback and reviews
- Advise and coach managers regarding best practice
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be:
- Experienced in developing and overseeing robust pay and benefits systems
- Organised and methodical, with a flair for planning, prioritising and project management
- An excellent all-rounder, with a sound track record in most HR disciplines: e.g. reward, policy, recruitment, employee engagement, internal communications, etc
- Excellent knowledge of employment law
- Experienced in advising managers as issues arise, from training needs to employment law to pensions
- Able to apply intellectual rigour and analytical skills to HR projects. A strong academic background is desirable
- Flexible and open minded - you’ll be happy to react to our employees’ needs or roll your sleeves up and get involved with new priorities
- Qualified to MCIPD level or equivalent
- An outstanding communicator with good influencing skills
- Honest, confidential, tactful and diplomatic
To apply, please email us your CV and a full covering letter explaining where you’ve made a real business impact. Please remember to include details of your current salary and benefits.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th December 2018