Main duties & responsibilities
Wherever you’re working, you’ll play a pivotal role in delivering a really positive customer experience. As you’ll be customer-facing, you’ll be a real ambassador for CGP in the local community. Polite, cheerful and outgoing, you’ll take pride in your work and ensure:
- Everyone who walks through the door gets a fantastic level of customer service, whether by serving bread & cakes, meat or groceries in one of the shops or, if working at Pitstop, filling customers’ cars with fuel
- High quality stock is in place at all times — no stock-outs but no out of date stock either!
- Appropriate daily checks are carried out and, where needed, all end-of-day procedures are completed accurately (including daily paperwork), securing cash in the agreed manner and ensuring the property is securely locked
- Any necessary checks for health & safety purposes are carried out and any issues raised with the manager
Friendly and flexible in your approach, you’ll be enthusiastic, a hard worker and have very high standards (whatever you’re doing).
A great team player with a positive can-do attitude, you’ll need to have:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills — you’ll enjoy meeting and chatting to customers
- The ability to use your initiative but also know when to ask for help
- Flexibility to cover a wide range of tasks and be willing to help with whatever needs doing on any CGP site
- Exceptional attention to detail – you’ll obsess about keeping the shops and storerooms clean and tidy at all times
- Good numeracy skills – confident dealing with cash and calculating change
- The ability to work under pressure and juggle a number of different tasks
You’ll be contracted for a minimum of 16 hours and will be paid monthly (£9.42 / hour for over 21s). Shifts will vary according to what you’re doing (Monday through Sunday) and you could find yourself with an early start one day (e.g. 7.15am) and a later finish another day (e.g. 6.45pm) so we’re looking for flexibility.
You’ll also get 5 weeks holiday (pro-rated to hours worked), plus generous benefits including a healthcare cashback plan, free membership of the Leisure and Golf Club at Eccle Riggs for you and your dependants and pension contributions (above the statutory minimum).