From £20k plus generous benefits
At CGP we provide our customers with top-quality products and first-class customer service so our working environment needs to run exceptionally smoothly. This is the responsibility of our Facilities & Maintenance Team. As Maintenance Assistant you’ll constantly look for opportunities to improve our working environments whilst completing your day to day work. So, if you’re practically minded (a dab hand with a drill), fun to be around and willing to help with whatever needs doing, read on…
In this full-time role (40 hours - Monday to Friday 7.30am – 4.30pm), you’ll be primarily based at our Eccle Riggs Head Office but will work across all of our sites in the Broughton-in-Furness / Millom area.
As Maintenance Assistant, you’ll:
- Undertake general maintenance duties, e.g. fitting shelves, cleaning windows, replenishing firewood etc.
- Maintain fixtures, fittings and our high office standards, e.g. furniture and lighting, plant watering
- Be responsible for site-opening procedures each morning, noting and reporting any issues for action
- Assist the team in event set-up (both internal and external) — this could entail anything from moving tables/chairs, erecting marquees or putting drinks in the fridge
- Be available for ad-hoc (paid) out of hours call-outs and security, e.g. locking up buildings
- Assist in logistical arrangements of people and things — you’ll drive our company vehicles as a taxi for staff / visitors as needed and also deliver post / equipment between our sites
A self-starter with good time management skills, you’ll:
- Be outgoing and fun with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a great practical mind and the natural ability to understand and fix things
- Be flexible — willing to take on any task that needs doing
- Relish being hands on and solving problems
- Able to work well and collaboratively with the wider Facilities Team
- Have exceptional attention to detail — able to spot what needs doing… and acting upon it!
A full UK driving licence is essential for this position.
Benefits of working for CGP
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Healthcare cash back plan and a company pension scheme
- Use of a company van
- Company sick pay after 3 months’ service
- Free Leisure & Golf Club membership
- Tax-free incentives (e.g. Cycle2Work scheme)
To apply, please email us a covering letter telling us why you’d be great in this role. Ideally, we’d love to see a copy of your CV too so we can learn a bit about your work experience.
Closing Date: Monday 12th July 2021