c. £40k plus generous benefits
Up for a change? Want to work for a market-leading business? CGP may be the answer.
We’re the UK’s No.1 Educational Publisher, selling over 11 million books per year. We obsess about finding and challenging exceptional people — which is why we’ve bucked the industry trend and have grown at such a phenomenal rate. If you’ve got a track record of making a significant commercial impact, we really should be talking.
With at least 3 years’ commercial experience, and probably a background in marketing, it’s your commercial nous, management of projects and people-influencing skills that are most important.
You’ll own and be responsible for the delivery of key business projects, such as setting up deals with new retail customers and increasing our overseas revenue. The wish list is long, so there’ll be plenty of variety and challenge. Whatever your background, you’ll be:
- Intelligent, curious and analytical — a commercial thinker, driven by results
- Excellent at planning, forecasting and monitoring project progress
- Great at fostering excellent working relationships
- Motivated by high standards and the desire to improve
- Positive, collaborative and able to inspire enthusiasm in others
Benefits include a generous pension, healthcare plan and free membership of our leisure and golf club.
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing. To be considered, you should be degree educated (or equivalent) and have at least 3 years’ experience in a commercial role where you’ve made a significant impact.
- Ownership, management and delivery of key commercial projects (e.g. setting up deals with new retail customers, increasing overseas revenue, establishing a new online ‘pop up shop’ service, etc.)
- Develop project proposals, including budgets and forecasts for approval
- Produce detailed project plans and monitor progress meticulously
- Work successfully with colleagues internally, and potentially externally, to deliver projects on time, on budget and to CGP’s high standards
- Communicate effectively to senior management on project progress
- Seek opportunities for improvement within the business and suggest new Sales & Marketing projects
- Respond to the changing needs and requirements of the business
- Drive your own progression, development and career path in CGP
Skills and Attributes
To succeed in this role, you’ll be a brilliant manager of projects and a people-influencer. Results driven, you’ll have:
- Natural commercial acumen and curiosity
- Excellent data analysis skills
- A solid understanding of the impact of priorities on the business
- Clear ability to work independently and proactively
- A collaborative nature and a positive approach to work
- Excellent customer-facing skills with superb written and verbal communication
- Impeccable organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- The ability to assimilate and evaluate information quickly
- An excellent academic background
To apply, please email us your CV, together with a cracking covering letter. Remember to include your current salary and benefits.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd March 2020