Lake District, £25k – 40k
Why is CGP the No.1 educational publishing company?
It’s got a lot to do with exceptional people, high standards and a willingness to do things differently. We’re obsessed with finding and challenging talented people who can enhance our unique culture. Our recruitment team is central to this. If you’re a seasoned pro or a recent graduate with huge potential, this’ll be right up your street, but if you love jargon and corporate culture, it probably won’t be.
Based at our stunning head office in the Lake District, our new People Advisor will work with managers to help them get the best out of their teams.
You’ll need to be:
- able to talk to anyone and put them at ease
- open-minded, non-judgmental and eager to respond positively to feedback
- supremely organised, methodical and meticulous
- bright and analytical with a great grasp of the English language
Our People Team is growing, and with such varied roles as a Quirk Ambassador (yes, really) and a Videographer to work alongside, as well as all the usual support for the business, there’s plenty of scope to spread your wings and carve out a successful career at CGP.
What attributes will you need?
As part of the People Team, you’ll be handling lots of confidential information, so you’ll be completely trustworthy with bags of integrity.
You’ll also need to be:
- Cheerful, enthusiastic and flexible — great to work with and ready to muck in with the team’s priorities, be it people issues or recruitment
- Able to talk to anyone and put them at ease. Empathy and compassion are crucial but so is an ability to lead tricky conversations — you could be talking to people about their health, pay or performance
- Supremely organised, methodical and meticulous — there are projects to plan and details to get spot-on
- Bright and analytical, with a great grasp of the English language — you’ll need to distil complex information into a new policy or company communication
- Collaborative but also happy using your initiative, taking responsibility for the high quality of your work
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and eager to respond positively to feedback
- A driver – we have 4 main sites in the South Lakes, all within 20 minutes of each other
What’ll you be doing?
It’ll be varied but all our work is aimed at getting the best from our people.
- Supporting and advising teams about pay, performance, employee support and training
- Carrying out projects, from organisational change to pay reviews
- Supporting managers with feedback and appraisals
- Improving our internal systems
- Working with recruitment colleagues to assess candidates
- Helping promote us as a great place to work
If you’d like to work for a successful independent company that’s proud to be different, email your CV and a cracking covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your current salary.