£20k + generous benefits
CGP is the UK’s No. 1 Educational Publisher. We’ve been growing rapidly and have just finished our best ever year with sales of close to £40m.
Our Publishing Production Team are a vital link with our external printers — keeping an eye on the quality of new titles, updating our product databases and monitoring stock levels.
If you’d like to be part of this growing team based at our Grizebeck offices, you’d best read on…
What will you be doing?
As a Print Production Assistant, you’ll:
- Liaise with our printers to ensure that products meet our high standards
- Check that books are up-to-date and that any changes are made before reprinting
- Work with our warehouse team in Millom to make sure we’re never out of stock
- Support the Production and Editing teams with general office admin
Who are we looking for?
You’ll pick things up quickly and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. A reasonable Excel user already, you’ll be:
- A great organiser and communicator (oral and written)
- Methodical and meticulous (you’ll have a really keen eye for detail)
- Able to prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible, willing and eager to learn new IT packages
Our Publishing Production Team are a vital link with our external printers, making sure that everything we print is up to standard — books and marketing materials. They keep a watchful eye on the quality of new titles as they are output, and check that material for reprint is corrected for any erratum entries. The team also monitors stock levels to make sure we can always keep our customers supplied with any of our 1,400+ products. Internally, in this role you will build close working relationships with your colleagues in Editing, Design, Marketing and the Warehouse team based on our Operations site in Millom.
Based at Grizebeck, as Print Production Assistant, your key tasks will be:
- Checking proofs — making sure they’re returned to our printers without any errors
- Assisting with Quality Assurance — checking all changes have been made on reprints and the quality of our books meets our required high standard
- Communicating with other teams — this includes our external printers, the CGP warehouse team as well as helping with ad hoc marketing and editing queries
- Keeping the in-house Library of all current CGP print products up to date and assisting with our Online Library, including testing our free online editions and Kindle versions
- Supporting the Editing and Production teams — file management, updating databases and general office admin
What skills you'll need
As someone who thrives in a fast-paced working environment, is confident with Excel and who’s able to pick things up quickly, you’ll:
- Be super-organised, methodical and keen to improve processes
- Have a keen eye for detail and a passion for accuracy
- Prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines (keeping a cool head when they change!)
- Be confident and adaptable when it comes to learning new IT packages — especially InDesign (don’t worry, we’ll teach you!)
- Be open minded, curious and eager to learn
Please email us your CV and a cracking covering letter, telling us why you’d love to join the team. Remember to include details of your current salary and benefits. Applications from anyone seeking part-time work (min 30 hours) will also be considered.
Closing date: Monday 15th February 2021