£21,500 (Lake District)
CGP’s product range is more diverse than ever, from our best-selling revision guides and workbooks to our colourful activity books and online tests. As a Publishing Assistant in the Design team, you don’t need any publishing or design experience — but you will need a passion for what we do and a keen eye to make sure our products stay on-brand.
You’ll enjoy solving problems without too much guidance, thriving on juggling multiple projects and changing priorities. You’ll also have:
- A good degree and great A-levels
- Superb organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and an instinct for what looks good
- The confidence to work with people at all levels
- A desire to learn InDesign and other relevant software
What will you be doing?
You’ll work closely with many departments including Marketing, Product Development and Editing, so there’ll be a huge amount of variety. Your days could involve:
- Organising the re-design of a cover range — from basic concept to final printed version
- Helping to create a new look for an existing product
- Coordinating all design work to ensure approval and sign off from the senior team
- Working with our digital team to help design online products
As a Publishing Assistant in the Design Team, you’ll be based at Eccle Riggs, our head office, and report to the Design Manager. In time, you’ll take responsibility for organising, briefing and checking all design work relating to standard CGP product design (both print and digital) on your projects. You’ll ensure the timely review and approval of design work, as well as being great at communicating clear, concise and considerate design feedback to various departments.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage the creation of covers, with the Design Manager’s guidance, ensuring input and feedback are gathered from relevant project owners in our Product Development, Editing and Marketing teams
- Ensure timely sign-off on the covers from project owners
- Create mock-up covers in InDesign if required
- Work with and get input from the relevant owners to ensure all new page designs are created to our high standards and ensure all new page designs are signed off before editing is due to start
- Review the first sections of a product to ensure these meet the original design standards agreed in the product development stage
- Create or commission mock-ups of new products for review
- Review the mock-up of the final product to ensure this meets the original design specifications and that each individual component works together in the final product
- Lead design meetings with the relevant owners to ensure clarity and consistency in our product ranges
- Present page and cover designs for approval as needed
- Create and maintain Range Boards to display the covers we have across key stages and subjects
- Assist the Digital Project Manager with the Discovery Phase for new digital products
If this gets you excited, email us your CV and a cracking covering letter telling us why you’d love to join us here in the beautiful Lake District.
Closing Date: Monday 29th November 2021