Lake District, £25k – 40k
Why is CGP the No.1 educational publishing company?
It’s got a lot to do with exceptional people, high standards and a willingness to do things differently. We’re obsessed with finding and challenging talented people who can enhance our unique culture. Our recruitment team is central to this. If you’re a seasoned pro or a recent graduate with huge potential, this’ll be right up your street, but if you love jargon and corporate culture, it probably won’t be.
Based at our stunning head office in the Lake District, our new Recruitment Advisor will attract, assess and welcome talented new people. A great ambassador for CGP, you’ll help to promote CGP as a great place to work. Positivity will be your middle name — after all, you’ll often be the first point of contact for candidates applying for a huge range of roles.
You’ll need to be:
- cheerful, enthusiastic and flexible
- supremely organised, methodical and meticulous
- bright with a great grasp of the English language
- open-minded and keen to use technology to help us attract the very best people
Our People Team is growing, and with such varied roles as a Quirk Ambassador (yes, really) and a Videographer to work alongside, as well as all the usual support for the business, there’s plenty of scope to spread your wings and carve out a successful career at CGP.
What attributes will you need?
As part of the People Team, you’ll be handling lots of confidential information, so you’ll be completely trustworthy with bags of integrity.
You’ll also need to be:
- Cheerful, enthusiastic and flexible — great to work with and ready to muck in with the team’s priorities, be it recruitment or other people issues
- Able to talk to anyone and put them at ease
- Supremely organised, methodical and meticulous — let’s call it an ‘expert juggler’
- Bright with a great grasp of the English language — as a respected publishing company we can’t afford to let our standards slip
- Collaborative but also happy using your initiative, taking responsibility for the high quality of your work
- Open-minded, non-judgmental and eager to respond positively to feedback
- Keen to use technology to help us attract and appoint the very best people
- A driver – we have 4 main sites in the South Lakes, all within 20 minutes of each other
What’ll you be doing?
It’ll be varied. There’s the day-to-day recruitment admin of course — and at times it’ll take over your day. You’ll be juggling several campaigns at a time with 100s of applicants all desperate to hear from you! But creativity is needed too.
- Drafting adverts, job descriptions and internal communications that reflect CGP’s quirky personality
- Planning assessments that challenge but get the best out of candidates
- Running assessment days, putting candidates at ease and dealing with any unexpected happenings (power cuts, nose bleeds… they’ve all happened!)
- Arranging first-class induction programmes for each new employee
- Helping to promote CGP as a great place to work
If you’d like to work for a successful independent company that’s proud to be different, email your CV and a cracking covering letter to email@example.com. Please include your current salary.
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th July 2020