£22k - £27k plus excellent benefits
CGP has been growing rapidly and with more exciting plans in the pipeline, we’re seeking a bright, organised and commercially astute individual to join our Sales & Marketing Schools team.
In this role you’ll manage launch campaigns for new books and devise activities to promote our existing products to schools. Working with several in-house departments, you’ll be responsible for everything from forecasting product sales to signing off final marketing materials. In time, there’s scope to take ownership of key markets and run new sales growth projects.
Why join CGP? CGP is a unique publishing company.
- We’re the UK’s No.1 educational publisher, with sales of over £30m
- We create our own books and marketing materials in-house — we don’t use agencies
- We’re independent and able to adapt to change quickly
- And we do it all from our offices in the beautiful Lake District!
A graduate with a good degree and great A-Levels, ideally you’ll be familiar with a range of marketing techniques.
You’ll also need to be:
- Commercially aware and numerate
- Driven — motivated and excited by growing sales (and profit)
- Meticulous with a creative eye to know what looks good
- A self-starter — able to manage your own time
CGP is known for its quality products and high standards. Our product range exceeds 1000 titles and we sell over 11 million books and digital products each year.
Ownerships and Responsibilities
As a Sales & Marketing Executive for Schools, you’ll:
- Manage your own product launches — including product naming and branding, pricing, campaign plans and sales forecasts
- Devise campaign activities to grow sales of our existing product ranges
- Work with in-house design teams to plan and create exceptional content — print, web
- Take responsibility for targeted school sales growth projects
- Organise and run exhibitions and attend education shows
Personal Qualities / Attributes
A graduate with a degree from a top university, you’ll (ideally) have some marketing experience already. Flexible and positive, you’ll be a confident communicator who enjoys working with people at all levels. You’ll also need to be:
- Naturally commercial and numerate – able to identify good sales opportunities
- Slightly obsessive about getting things right (numbers and words)
- Highly organised, with the ability to juggle several projects at once
- A self-starter who’s able to take the initiative and solve problems independently
- Self-aware — happy to listen to other people’s views and take feedback positively
To apply, please email us your CV along with a covering letter and details of your current salary.