90% of schools use CGP books, making us the UK’s No.1 Educational Publisher. We’re successful because we’re flexible and quick to market with new products, and that’s where you come in…
We’re looking for two Product Developers to join us at our Lake District Head Office. You’ll use your research skills to identify opportunities for fabulous new products, cost up and present your ideas as sound business proposals, then bring your product to life with the help of our in-house Editing and Design teams.
To thrive as a Product Developer, you’ll be a graduate with an impressive academic background and a sound track record in research — this could be a PhD, Masters or from your experience in a relevant role (not necessarily publishing). You’ll have a curious and creative mind, and the ability to analyse complex data to great commercial effect.
As a CGP Product Developer, you’ll develop educational products to grow sales to schools, retailers and private customers. You may come up with an idea to fill a gap in our existing range, introduce new (or improve existing) products in a current market, or find a whole new market that we’ve still to exploit. Previous experience in publishing isn’t necessary — it’s your research and analytical skills that matter.
- Research and understand your target market and the needs of our customers
- Analyse data to explore market behaviour and identify gaps that we can fill profitably
- Research and propose costed product ideas
- Keep on top of current developments in the wider education world so we’re always one step ahead
- Know our competitors’ products and how they’re performing in the market
- Highly numerate and commercially aware – able to evaluate options quickly by simplifying or estimating key figures
- Confident interrogating complex (and often incomplete) data sets to uncover trends — great Excel skills are a must
- Independent, and a self-starter with the confidence to pursue your own ideas
- A great communicator who’ll be confident presenting a business case to senior colleagues
- Flexible – whatever your background, you’ll be comfortable working across all subject areas and age groups within the education system
To apply, simply email us your CV with a cracking covering letter telling us why your experience makes you an ideal candidate for this role. Don’t forget to tell us your current salary and benefits in your application!
Closing date: Monday 10th February 2020